With the globe becoming a small place to transact we are seeing interior designing becoming a prominent name in the world.
With the utilization of internet, television and magazines, it is now possible to instruct ourselves and have a better comprehension of the various trends and themes that are evolving and trending, across the globe. It is very important to understand that globalization has had a great impact on interior designing.
For architectural firms this is great news as they can now utilize architectural drafting for interior designing purposes. Moreover, it can also be utilized for preparing technical drawing interior design. In this write-up, we will discuss about the different integrities related to interior designing and how architectural drafting plays a major role in creating a niche for interior designers.
A marked growth is observed in the popularity of interior design as a profession.
According to statistics released by second 100 interior design giant firms approximately three-quarters of the firm about 77% are unclear about the economy. It has also been found that about 14% of the firms are going for new projects. Interior designing jobs have increased by about 51% in Europe, while Asia and Pacific Rim have declined by 25%. However, China seems to be going strong in this domain.
When we talk about US, which accounts for 78% of total projects most of the projects come from Northeast and South and on the West Coast.
Most of the issues pertaining to the interior design firms encompass:
- 60% of the firms believe that creating new business / diversifying into new services or segments is a big problem
- 43% of the firms are worried about recruiting qualified staff
- 41% of the firms are not confident of their marketing capabilities
- 40% of the firms are facing problems with training staff
- 22% of the firms have problems with offering staff an apt pay package and benefits
- 20% of the firms are finding it difficult to retain qualified staff
- 13% of the firms are facing problems in keeping track of profits and expenses
Interior designing as a career is highly lucrative but is not an easy job. It requires load of dedication and knowledge about architectural drafting for interior designing. An interior designer needs to play multiple roles for the clients. They need to redesign spaces inside the houses and buildings to make them more beautiful, safe and striking.
Let us now look at the different steps that help in making you a successful interior designer:
- You either need a bachelor’s degree in interior architecture, which takes about 5 years to complete or a master’s degree in interior architecture of 2 years.
- Do some research on colleges that offer interior designing and architectural drafting courses. Opt for courses that interest you, often it will be a choice between courses like interior building materials, interior space design, general interior design and management, ecology of design, building codes, interior architecture, lighting and color design, etc. to name a few.
- Once you get your degree, it is very important to train under an experience designer. Work as an intern at a design or architecture firm initially, it is the best launch pad, and a great opportunity to learn. This will help you gain exposure to how things work out in practical world.
- Acquire License from National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB). Take the examination and get the license.
- Try to search for a job which can give you an opening for the post of interior designer.
Designer’s Perception of Interior Design:
According to Mary J. Blige, “I love interior designing. It makes the creativity to envisage different color combinations and match them up with architectural drafting.”
According to interior designer / antiques dealer Rose Tarlow, “Nothing is old-fashioned if you really love it.”
According to Tibor Kalman, Graphic Designer, “The dissimilarity between good design and great design is intellect.”
John Saladion, an interior designer claims “a house is much more than providing shelter, it should give an emotional and spiritual lift-up to the people who reside in it.”
Known for his design acumen, and the man behind apple Steve Jobs, thinks that, “Even the best people take note of vocabularies wherein design connotes to veneer. It is interior decorating wherein the fabric of the curtains and the sofa create an impact. To me there is no greater sense of the definition of design than that.”
Reference:gaurang trivedi and http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/keywords/interior.html
If you are really keen to make a career out of interior designing then you should have the knack of comprehending the trends that have gone by and that are yet to come. You should also have a strong sense of color palettes, sketching and architectural details.