What kinds of inputs are required for the execution of HVAC design services?
Using a building information model (BIM) from the beginning of a project helps engineers and designers make better decisions earlier in the process. A BIM’s 3-D graphics of buildings and systems are generated by data that can be easily changed as the project moves along. Most BIM software* links intelligent objects† together, so when a change is made to one object, parametric changes are made to any other objects that are linked. For example, if an engineer changes the airflow of a diffuser, the corresponding duct, diffuser and neck sizes automatically change.
Instead of directly explaining the inputs which are required for the execution of HVAC heating, ventilation and air-conditioning) design services, let me throw some light on what exactly HVAC systems are used for. Heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems are utilized by building owners for obtaining thermal comfort and immensely soothing and suitable indoor air quality. HVAC design in BIM design services are important part of mechanical design services wherein mechanical engineers have to make use of engineering principles such as thermodynamics, logic and reasoning and fluid mechanics etc for the development of high quality design for heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems. Mechanical engineers also have to consider the principle of heat transfer when design is created for HVAC systems.
For regulating healthy indoor conditions it is important that requisite temperature is maintained, moisture and foul smells are eliminated from the room and fresh oxygen is retained, and all this can only be achieved if high-quality HVAC systems are installed in the building.
Input needed for the execution of HVAC design services
- The most important inputs for the execution of HVAC design services come from the side of architects.
- Before starting the design development for heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems, mechanical engineers must be having the detailed instructions or specifications from architect’s side.
- Architectural drawings and plans should be provided to them so that they can explicitly understand the entire architectural design, which helps them in understanding how they can design necessary HVAC systems for the building.
- So contractors must provide the HVAC design team with accurate drawings and pictures of the building.
- Apart from that HVAC design team should also be provided with the overall required performance capacity of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems.
- It’s very helpful if general contractors can provide the dimensions of different rooms to mechanical engineers; this can help a lot during design process.
- Apart from that explicit information about the shape and size of all the doors and windows is also necessary for mechanical engineers.
So with the help of above information, HVAC design team can effectively plan how to design HVAC systems. Reference bim services india.